Giving Birth On January 6th

Good morning... Twenty-nine years ago today, on January 6th, I gave birth to a five pound fifteen ounce little boy, three days past his due date. Look at him now. He's faithful, he's grounded, he's newly married to a Spirit-filled, gentle woman. How fun it is to see a single seed of God growing up into its own [...]

By |2024-01-06T11:22:52-05:00January 6th, 2024|Community, Organic Growth, Trust God, Unity|

SHOW UP With Your Gifts

Good morning... I love reading the wise words of Howard Thurman etched in the handwriting of my friend. "You are the only you that has ever lived; your idiom is the only idiom of its kind in all existences, and if you cannot hear the sound of the genuine in you, you will all of your life spend [...]

By |2023-12-19T10:36:50-05:00December 20th, 2023|Authenticity, Community, Everyday life, God's Love|

Steve’s New Job

Good morning... Around 7:00 pm on Thursday night, an email was sent out by The Lovett School. After nearly 29 years of serving as the head chaplain, my husband, Steve, is taking on a new role at the school next year. As Chaplain Emeritus, Steve will expand his pastoral care to the wider Lovett community and create a [...]

By |2023-12-16T04:57:08-05:00December 16th, 2023|Aging, Community, Gratitude|

Do Not Miss Out

Good morning... After the quirky video in yesterday's post, she wrote, "It's true that I miss God in the room all the time!" Her statement morphed into my prayer, "God, please help me not to miss You in the room today." With my eyes keenly focused on noticing, I saw God walking right through the middle of everything. [...]

By |2023-12-12T09:39:20-05:00December 12th, 2023|Awareness, Community, Everyday life, God's Love|

More Than 1,000 Thanks

Good morning... This week I received a "thank you" email from LaTonya Gates, Founder and Director of PAWkids. She expressed gratitude for our generous donation of $1,000 to cover the cost of four students visiting Mississippi Valley State University on Homecoming weekend, October 13th-15th. Larenzia Lawrence, LaTonya's daughter and Director of the PAWkids after-school program, led the amazing [...]

By |2023-11-28T09:24:49-05:00November 28th, 2023|Community, God's Love, Gratitude, Heaven On Earth|

Changes In The Church

Good morning... I woke yesterday to an email from our pastor announcing changes in the United Methodist Church. "In what was a solemn day, members of the 2023 North Georgia Annual Conference ratified the disaffiliation agreements of 261 churches at a Special Called Session," begins the article recounting Saturday's important gathering. Later we learn "...approximately 440 North Georgia [...]

By |2023-11-20T05:08:45-05:00November 20th, 2023|Community, Organic Growth, Trust God|

Free Water For The Thirsty

Good morning... Each time I walk our dogs, I pass by these two trees. One tree bears a sign with the name and the face of a three year old Israeli girl who was kidnapped by Hamas. Another tree shares the name and the face of a seventy-seven year old hostage. I am grateful for a compassionate neighbor [...]

By |2023-11-10T07:51:14-05:00November 9th, 2023|Community, God's Love, Mystery|

Look At These Babies

Good morning... As I was in Ohio visiting with my parents, my siblings, and the first grandbaby on our side of the family, I missed our weekly arts and crafts time at PAWkids in downtown Atlanta. With about ten committed PAWkids volunteers connected to our Women's Ministry at Northside Church, the fun went on in my absence. "Yesterday, [...]

By |2023-11-08T07:24:29-05:00November 7th, 2023|Community, God's Plan, Spiritual Growth|

“Miss Sue! Miss Sue!”

Good morning... "Miss Sue! Miss Sue!" said two eighth grade counselors-in-training in our after-school program at PAWkids. "Can we get our picture taken with you?" I felt joy on many different levels. First, I have become enough of a regular around this special, bonding place in the Grove Park community that these kids know me by name. How [...]

By |2023-10-16T01:36:07-04:00October 16th, 2023|Community, Joy, Light In Darkness|
Go to Top